Saturday, October 23, 2010

Will swimming hurt my sore calf muscles?

I went running contained by the gym yesterday for too long. Today my calf muscles are sore. What exercise can I do today that won't irritate them? I thought maybe the breaststroke since I primarily use my arms. Thanks for any answers.Will swimming hurt my sore calf muscles?
Pretty much any low impact exercise should help next to your sore muscles. Walking or swimming would be fine. The soreness is from the build up of lactic acid surrounded by your muscles - you will feel smaller quantity sore tomorrow if you get your muscles warm up and gently worked out today - it will lend a hand release the acid from your muscles.
Good Luck!
Swimming will probably help out a lot. Swimming works adjectives muscle groups but with the support of the river, it helps stretch the muscles at one and the same time. I often swim to relieve support pain and I find it help immensely. I can really stretch out in the dampen and since the water bear my weight, I exercise short putting unneccesary strain on already sore muscles.
EMT

No comments:

Post a Comment